With the spread of COVID-19 rapidly impacting our communities, AMI/USA is sharing activities and resources to ensure that everyone is supported during this unique crisis.
We understand that the situation, challenges and questions are changing with what seems like each passing moment, so we are learning with the rest of the country about how to move forward together.
Much of what you see below is a result of collaborative work being done with other organizations, including IMC, AMS, MACTE, Whole School Leadership and NCMPS among at least two dozen others. Our commitment is to mutual support and information sharing.
As Canadian film director, Deborah Day once said:
“Encourage, lift and strengthen one another. For the positive energy spread to one will be felt by us all. For we are connected, one and all.”
For now, all AMI/USA Member Schools with consultations scheduled through April 17th, 2020 will be rescheduled with our continued monitoring to determine if more long-term action is be needed.
We will continue to provide updates as we gather useful information, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to our office if you don’t see what you need or if you have found a resource that might be useful to others.
Check our Facebook page for all upcoming distance learning opportunities for school staff and parents.
- > Practice self-care and social distancing
- > Stay informed: WHO website, CDC website, Directory of Local Health Departments
- > Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local Transmission (CDC)
- > EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products for Use Against COVID-19
- > Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations (CDC)
- > Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers (CDC)
- > Montessori Advocacy Tools & Links: Coronavirus Resources (MPPI)
- > Support for Helpers During Coronavirus (The Fred Rogers Center)
- > Learning From Home: A Handbook for Parents (developed by: Arbor Montessori School)
- > Learning from Home Handbook (developed by: The Montessori School of Tokyo)
- > Learning from Home Handbook (developed by: Centennial Montessori School)
- > Home and Distance Learning Handbook (developed by: Austin Montessori School)
- > Upper Elementary Homework (developed by: John R. Snyder, Austin Montessori School)
- > Talking to Children About COVID-19
- > Aid to Life
- > Smithsonian Learning Lab
- > The Passion Project (at-home project-based-learning)
- > Earth Day Digital Resource Library (Earth Day Network)
- > Great Books Foundation
- > Cosmic Bookshelf
- > Montessori Guide
- > Montessori Inspired Activities for the Home
- > The Montessori Notebook
- > Environmental Education at Home (National Environmental Education Foundation)
- > Kidpower
- > Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs (CDC)
- > Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the Coronavirus Outbreak (U.S. Department of Education)
- > COVID-19 Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel (U.S. Department of Education)
- > Navigating Uncertain Times: How Schools Can Cope with Coronavirus (EdSurge)
- > Encourage your faculty to share ideas and challenges through the AMI/USA forums available with their AMI/USA membership.
- > Teaching Through Coronavirus: What Educators Need Right Now (Teaching Tolerance)
- > Speaking Up Against Racism Around the New Coronavirus (Teaching Tolerance)
- > Notes from Elementary Zoom How-To Calls (3/18/20, 3/19/20)
- > Publishers Adapt Policies to Help Educators
This page will be updated as new information and resources become available.
To contribute resources, email: firstname.lastname@example.org