AMI/USA administers the AMI/USA Benefits Cooperative for Montessori Schools and Montessori Training Centers in the United States. The program currently includes the following states: District of Columbia (DC), Maryland (MD) and Virginia (VA). Among the benefits of joining the cooperative, participating schools and training centers may qualify for group coverage in health and/or retirement programs, with access to an array of high-coverage, comprehensive health, dental, vision and life insurance offerings and retirement plans at effective costs.
- AMI/USA Member Schools and AMI Training Centers may be eligible to participate in the Benefits Cooperative, if they elect to do so. Please complete the form below or email AMI/USA to express interest. AMI/USA will then contact you to provide more information and to discuss your options. There is no yearly fee required.
- Montessori schools and Montessori training centers that are not AMI/USA Member Schools can join the Benefits Cooperative after submitting a qualifying application (below). There is a $149.00 annual, non-refundable fee. When a Montessori school or Montessori training center is a participant in the cooperative, the organization may be eligible to participate in the group health insurance and retirement plans. AMI/USA will then contact you to provide more information and to discuss your options.
*please note: nonprofit Montessori schools and training centers may qualify for the health programs, nonprofit and for-profit organizations may qualify for the retirement programs.
Through our membership in the Center for Nonprofit Advancement, we are able to share the benefit of group buying with our membership.
For more than 40 years, VitalHealth has provided benefits to nonprofit organizations. When you select VitalHealth, you will join nearly 4,000 satisfied nonprofit employees and family members, all while gaining access to affordable and comprehensive medical coverage. VitalHealth is a group buying insurance product offered through the Center for Nonprofit Advancement’s Benefits Trust.
Highlights of the health program include:
- A choice of several medical, vision, dental and life insurance plans from popular, national insurance carriers
- Access to guarantee issue life insurance plans, meaning your employees will not have to submit to a medical exam or questionnaire to receive coverage
- Nonstop Wellness Program – eliminating up front cost of deductibles, co-pays, and RX for employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Inclusion of COBRA continuation coverage for active employees who leave your organization
- Access to an employee discount and rewards marketplace
- Multiple Employer Plans allow for decrease in costs as the number of groups increase.
VitalHealth’s group health insurance coverage provides organizations with benefits and support that are flexible, smart and simple.
Montessori schools and Montessori training centers that are both nonprofit and for-profit organizations can take advantage of retirement plans coordinated by The Capital Group through the Center for Nonprofit Advancement. While The Capital Group has grown significantly over the last 20 years, the continuous goal is to provide value to clients through superior service, communication, and education while still providing the personal attention that clients expect and deserve. Through a strategic partnership with The Capital Group, companies have been able to grow in employee size and revenue by relying on The Capital Group’s expertise in insurance, employee benefits and financial planning.
Retirement Services Provided to Center Members:
- 401(k) & 403(b) Plan Advisory
- 457(b) and 457(f) Executive Deferred Compensation Plans
- Endowment Investment Management
- 3(38) Investment Fiduciary Services
- Retirement Plan Benchmarking
- Employee Education
- Financial Wellness
- Executive Benefits Planning
- Ancillary Benefit Plans
- Individual Portfolio Management
- Financial Planning
- Individual Investment & Insurance Services
Retirement plans from The Capital Group are customized based on your employees’ specific needs.
Billing and Payment Information
2021-22 AMI/USA Benefits Cooperative Fees
- $149.00 non-refundable annual fee (please note: AMI/USA Member Schools are automatically eligible without paying this fee)
All fees are prepaid.
Please click here for more information on being an AMI/USA Member School!
The 2021-2022 AMI/USA Benefits Cooperative fees are due with the application. Fees cover administrative costs of the program. Applications to join the AMI/USA Benefits Cooperative are processed after the payment is received. Invoices will not be sent in advance. After payment is confirmed, a detail receipt will be sent.
+ $99 per individual AMI/USA membership*
* All are welcome to join AMI/USA as members.
Code of Ethics
AMI and AMI/USA are organizations whose regulation of conduct is limited to pedagogical matters. All those connected with AMI and AMI/USA are expected to conduct themselves lawfully and to both exemplify and support the propagation and furtherance of the ideas and principles of Dr. Maria Montessori for the full development of the human being.
Limitations of AMI/USA Benefits Cooperative
The sole AMI/USA Benefits Cooperative benefit is participation in the cooperative. Participation does not represent an assessment of other aspects of the school’s operations such as Montessori pedagogy, state licensing requirements and financial and/or administrative matters.
If there are any questions surrounding the Benefits Cooperative application, fees or payment, please contact AMI/USA for further clarification.
We appreciate your interest in the AMI/USA Benefits Cooperative program!