Scroll down to submit your application today!
AMI/USA administers the AMI Recognition Program for Montessori schools in the USA. To be eligible for a certificate of recognition, each school submits the annual application, including information on every level for which the school would like to receive a recognition status. The recognition status is based upon compliance with the AMI Standards for Montessori classrooms. Each level receives a distinct status, which may not be the same as other levels at the school. Levels currently included are Assistants to Infancy for ages 0-3, Primary for ages 3-6+, and Elementary for ages 6-12.
- Applications must be made annually, certificates of recognition are valid only for the current school year.
- It is a requirement for recognition that a school abide by all local, state and federal ordinances, statutes, rules and regulations.
- AMI/USA reserves the right to refuse or revoke recognition whenever school activities are found to be inconsistent with AMI aims or when fees due to AMI/USA are outstanding more than 30 days.
- For those with a consultation required, the application deadline is September 15, 2023.
- If a consultation is not needed, the application deadline is October 20, 2023.
- The administrator and each classroom teacher must have a current AMI/USA Membership through June 30, 2024. All other staff members are welcome to join. There is a membership form within the application for memberships needed.
- A $99 fee is incurred for applications submitted after deadlines. Applications outside the deadline may be considered at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Complete the Class Schedule section OR download the Class Schedule form to attach. All other forms are included in the application.
Contact AMI/USA if you have any questions about submitting the 2023-2024 Application for AMI Recognition Status.