Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Head of School, Toddler & Primary Guides
Southbay Montessori School is a brand new, state of the art school scheduled to open in the summer of 2014. We are conveniently located on Hawthorne Boulevard in the heart of south Torrance. Southbay Montessori School is a community rich in diversity and welcomes families and teachers from all over the world! With a capacity of 180 students, we serve children 12 months through 6 years of age.
Southbay Montessori is seeking a Head of School, AMI certified guides at the Toddler and Primary level, as well as Montessori interns. We are looking for individuals to join our team who will consistently work toward making the school environment the very best place for children to learn and grow.
Head of School Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (MA preferred)
• AMI certification
• 5+ years as a school administrator
• 5+ years of early childhood teaching experience and a thorough knowledge and commitment to the Montessori method
• Exceptional leadership and organization skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain strong partnership with staff and parents
Toddler and Primary Guide Requirements:
• AMI certification
• Experience working with relevant age group
• Exceptional classroom management abilities and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead, train and supervise assistants and create a conducive learning environment for the students
Ideal candidates will provide a depth of complementary skills, experience, and passion while nurturing the school’s mission and cultivating a thriving, cohesive, authentic Montessori program. Whether you are a seasoned teacher or just embarking on your Montessori career, Southbay Montessori School welcomes dedicated, fun loving, and hardworking individuals to bring their talents and skills to our children and families!
Southbay Montessori School offers a competitive salary and benefits, generous child care discount and a supportive and collegial atmosphere.
Please email letter of interest, salary history and resume to email@example.com.