Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated, outcome oriented, Executive Director who can help us create the future by educating and developing our young children to be prepared to take on tomorrow’s challenges. The ideal leader will drive these 3 critical outcomes for the school:
• Within 2 years, enrollment reaches or exceeds capacity.
• Create and implement the plan to successfully launch a middle school by 2014/15 school year.
• Organization operates within budget and will raise necessary funding to deliver the best educational plans, while fostering the best learning environment for students.
Additionally, he/she will:
• Actively and passionately promote the school’s mission, identity, spirit, and character to the greater community, ensuring a positive view of the school is maintained.
• Cultivate major community stakeholders; corporations, foundations, and individuals, to become long-term donors and supporters of the school.
• Ensure the academic offerings and appropriate systems are in place to guide students and evaluate achievement; works in concert with the school’s curriculum coordinator to ensure there is continuity of curriculum.
• Actively develop and manage the faculty and staff to ensure the best education is delivered to students that furthers the mission and vision. Hold teachers/staff accountable for ensuring that all students meet or exceed academic standards set by the school.
• Recognize that today's parents have a myriad of expectations and needs surrounding their child, and welcome the appropriate partnership of school and parents to that end.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE POSSESSES THE FOLLOWING:
• Appreciation of Montessori based principals.
• Administrative experience: proven record of successful leadership and managerial skills in his or her chosen vocation within an academic environment.
• Ability to balance educational needs with strong business acumen, to ensure the school is run as effectively as possible.
• Outside of the box, Innovative thinking to drive creative new ideas that achieve the critical outcomes.
• Exceptional people skills; good interpersonal ability & capacity to build and maintain close relationships and engender trust.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effective listening and persuasive abilities to promote a healthy dialog with students, faculty, staff and parents, ensuring feedback is heard & considered for critical school decisions.
• BA/BS in education preferred.
• Familiarity with upper school (grade 1-8) operations and expectations.
Start date: Immediately
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.