Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Montessori Academic Director
Etonkids was founded with a vision of “educating the future; educating for the future.” Since its founding in 2002 in Beijing, Etonkids has expanded throughout China in an effort to allow more children to benefit from the Etonkids Advantage, and its graduates are now thriving at elementary and high schools throughout China and the world. Since its founding, Etonkids has utilized educational philosophies and models of successful school management from around the world to improve China's early education sector.
Etonkids is committed to providing extraordinary learning experiences that enable each student to realize his or her full potential. Emphasis is placed on academics as well as character development, athletics, music, and art to create well-rounded learners. The Montessori approach is utilized to fuel each student’s individual drive toward competence while allowing them to learn and progress at their own developmental pace.
Etonkids offers four variations of kindergarten curriculum at its campuses:
• Orchard Kindergarten featuring the Chinese national kindergarten standard with Montessori
• Huizhi Kindergarten featuring Montessori, Chinese, and International education
• Bilingual Kindergarten with instruction in Chinese and English
• International Kindergarten featuring Montessori studies in English
In addition to kindergarten, Etonkids offers Mommy & Me programs, a Parents Academy to provide parents with international-level training in early childhood educational philosophy and practice, and a Montessori Teacher Training Academy.
Etonkids Educational Group is seeking a Montessori Academic Director. Reporting directly to the Head of the Kindergarten Division, this position will give direction to and assumes administrative responsibility for the Academic and EMTTA Departments, which includes training, curriculum, assessment, professional development, technology, pupil services, and strategic planning.
Successful candidates for the position of Montessori Academic Director will possess:
1. Montessori theory and practice, early childhood education and developmentally appropriate practices, and bilingualism and ESL education practices.
2. Familiar with planning and leading Montessori training, specifically for Montessori certification.
3. Principles and practices of modern management including personnel administration, administrative planning, organizational development, budgeting, purchasing, and information processing.
1. Respond promptly to request of internal and external clients; provide them needed direction, assistance, training, materials and resources.
2. Express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely in both oral and written form; use language and medium appropriate to audience.
3. Establish and maintain cooperative and professional working relationship with individuals, groups, public and private personnel.
4. Motivate, challenge and guide others in the improvement of educational programs and district office services.
5. Analyze data and situation(s); render judgment, make decisions and solve problems efficiently and effectively.
6. Develop and administer budget(s) related to area(s) or responsibility; anticipate revenue and expenditure needs and changes.
7. Plan, organize and conduct train, in-service and staff development activities; coordinate curriculum and instruction projects, conferences, events and activities.
8. Assume primary responsibility for the maintenance and operation of site(s); providing a safer and healthful environment for students, staff, and clients.
9. Oversee a wide range of educational programs and relate to the personnel associated with those programs; set standards and assist others in meeting those standards.
10. Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff relative to Montessori training program objectives; observe and document performance; design data-based improvement process.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
1. Advanced degree and Montessori certification
2. Montessori Training experience
3. Teaching experience required
4. Leadership in a school setting
5. Experience in an early childhood education
6. Orientation toward results
7. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
8. An ongoing customer focus
9. The highest levels of integrity at all times
1. Curriculum and instruction experience.
2. Staff Development training experience.
3. Research and evaluation experience.
4. Teaching experience.
5. Principal experience.
6. Experience in management positions with demonstrated results.
Candidates interested in this position are asked to submit the following documents:
1. Cover letter addressed to Etonkids Educational Group Search Committee
3. Personal statement or statement of educational philosophy
4. List of five references including name, contact information, and relationship to candidate
Application materials are to be sent to Judith Glickman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are encouraged to contact Judith: (415) 655-9974 with questions.