Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Join the Founding Team of New Haven Connecticut’s first Public Montessori School. We seek a Founding Principal.
Elm City Montessori, New Haven, Connecticut’s first public Montessori school, will open September 2014. Our Founding Team is seeking experienced Montessori educators to launch New Haven’s first public Montessori option. When fully enrolled, the school will serve 340 children between the ages of 3 and 13.
New Haven is a thriving arts, cultural, and education hub, located in the center of a growing community of public Montessori schools.
We seek a founding principal who has:
- Commitment to a mission of social justice through education
- Teaching experience with a fully implemented Montessori program, AMI Primary or Elementary Diploma preferred
- A strong background in public education
- Experience as a school leader, preferably in a public Montessori and/or start-up school, with track record of collaborating with public school districts
- Experience in coaching teachers and teacher evaluation
- Ability to communicate Montessori to a broad audience
- Ability to engage a diverse group of students, families, community members, policy makers and donors
- Experience with fundraising and capital campaigns preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Willingness to live in New Haven’s vibrant urban community
- Master‘s degree in an applicable field of education
- Have a 092 Connecticut Administrator Certificate or be able obtain one by August 1, 2014
Read the full job description here http://elmcitymontessori.org/founding-principal-position/.
Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2013. Candidates should send resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.