Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Junior High Farm & House Positions
Corte Madera, California-based Marin Montessori School seeks a couple to share farm and house duties at its junior high school. This newly developed position will be located at the junior high’s campus in San Rafael, California.
Responsibilities and requirements include:
Full-time Farm Management
• Developing and sustaining the junior high farm program campus
• Overseeing all aspects of agriculture, including animal husbandry
• Commitment: 40 hours per week, including time on weekends and holidays
• Farming experience required
• Planning and preparing 3 lunch meals per week for approximately 50 students and 10 faculty and staff
• Commitment: 12 hours per week throughout the school year
• Experience working in a professional kitchen required
• Knowledge of and passion for the culinary arts desired
Residential Week House Parents
• Campus overnight stays and student oversight for 6 weeks of residential boarding: 3 week-long sessions for boys; 3 week-long sessions for girls during the school year
Completion of the NAMTA Orientation to Adolescent Studies course or Montessori training at the primary or elementary level(s) is considered a plus. Candidates must be competent with verbal and written communication, and should be able to use computers, iPads, and smart phones with ease. This team position must be able to work independently. Position requires that both parties be able to lift and carry 50 pounds or more.
Farm Manager position begins July 1, 2014
Cook position begins August 18, 2014
There is no housing associated with this team position. Marin Montessori School provides a comprehensive benefits package for full time employees.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marin Montessori is a non-profit school serving 252 students aged 2 through 15 currently celebrating its 50th anniversary.