Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Assistant Head of School/Education Director
We are looking for an ambitious, highly motivated Assistant Head of School/Education Director for a brand new Montessori School in the heart of New York City (Manhattan). The Montessori in SoHo will be the second campus of The Montessori Schools in Manhattan. Our first, The Montessori at Flatiron opened in 2013.
The Montessori in SoHo will have Toddler & Primary programs committed to the Montessori philosophy and the development of the whole child. The school will be located in a new custom-built facility on Sullivan Street. The Assistant Head of School will be part of a management team consisting of Nick Combemale, the Head of School of both Flatiron and SoHo as well as Marco Ciocca, who co-founded our New York and Miami Montessori Schools with his sister Angela Ciocca.
The Assistant Head of School will:
• Assist the Head of School in all administrative matters that may arise in the operations of the school and acts as the senior administrative official in the Head's absence.
• Ensure that a rigorous and quality Montessori curriculum is implemented in all classrooms.
• Support teachers in carrying out the school mission.
• Oversee the development of the whole child.
• Ensure children are well prepared to continue to the top ongoing schools.
• Assist in admissions and exmissions.
• Educates parents in the Montessori curriculum and ensures their needs are met and their concerns are addressed.
The ideal candidate will possess:(1)significant Montessori teaching experience and a deep understanding of the Montessori approach, (2) experience in private school administration or provable administrative ability, including the ability to work with computers and learn new computer systems, (3) some form of managerial experience, (4) excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum requirements include:
-Montessori Certification, AMI preferred
-A baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education or related field of study, with Masters degree preferred
-At least two years experience as a teacher of children under 6 years of age
-A New York State Education Department teacher certificate in Early Childhood Education or Certification from a public or private certifying or teacher accrediting organization or agency granted reciprocity by the New York State Department of Education
Please send your resume and information to firstname.lastname@example.org.