Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Montessori Primary Teachers
We are looking for highly motivated and skilled Early Childhood Montessori teachers to join our team at District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS). We seek individuals who are passionate about transforming and improving educational outcomes for our students.
• Develop and implement curricula to meet academic standards
• Thoughtfully plan daily lessons and implement specific strategies to meet the needs of all students, providing extra support, enrichment, or variation of work when necessary
• Be accountable for students’ academic growth and increase each individual student’s achievement
• Create a positive, achievement-oriented learning environment
• Reflect on successes and areas of growth as a teacher, seek to improve performance, and respond to feedback
• Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
• Invest parents and families in their children’s academic success through regular communication
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Possesses or is eligible for a valid AMI certified teaching license
• Strong instructional skills and classroom management
• Ability to self-reflect on teaching practices and be responsive to feedback
Personal Qualities of Top Candidates
• Commitment to Equity: Passionate about closing the achievement gap and ensuring that every child, regardless of background or circumstance, receives an excellent education.
• Leadership: Coaches, mentors, and challenges others to excel despite obstacles and challenging situations.
• Innovative Problem-Solving: Approaches work with a sense of possibility and sees challenges as opportunities for creative problem solving; takes initiative to explore issues and find potential innovative solutions.
• Adaptability: Excels in constantly changing environments and adapts flexibly in shifting projects or priorities to meet the needs of a dynamic transformation effort; comfortable with ambiguity and non-routine situations.
• Teamwork: Increases the effectiveness of surrounding teams through collaboration, constant learning and supporting others; sensitive to diversity in all its forms; respects and is committed to learning from others
To apply, visit our website at www.joindcpublicschools.com, and complete our online application.