Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Head of School
Children’s Workshop Montessori (CW) is currently seeking a new Head of School to begin responsibilities on June 1, 2014.
The responsibilities of this position include leading the school in all areas of educational, organizational and business processes, including hiring of faculty and effectively managing all employees; ensuring compliance with Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), state and local requirements; mentoring and developing staff and promoting strong partnerships both within and outside of the school community. This position also calls for direct and effective communication with the Board of Trustees in the areas of creating and enforcing school policies and overseeing the development and management of the school budget.
• Proven success in school leadership
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Management
• Experience with or knowledge of business disciplines, such as accounting, management, and human resources.
• Proven success in school leadership in a Montessori environment
• Master’s Degree in Education or Management
• AMI Toddler or Primary training with preference for training at both levels
• At least three years of teaching experience in a Montessori classroom
CW is an independent Montessori school that was founded in 1987 and is a member of AMI, following the high standards established by AMI and Dr. Maria Montessori. The school is located 10 minutes west of Minneapolis, MN. CW currently serves more than 60 students from 16 months through Kindergarten with a dedicated and experienced staff and faculty. The school works closely with the Montessori Center of Minnesota and the other AMI-recognized schools in the Twin Cities area.
Please visit the school website www.childrensworkshopmontessori.org for more information.
CW is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit resumes and general inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.