Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Elementary Level Director
Marin Montessori School in California, seeks an Elementary Level Director for our Corte Madera campus to begin on July 1, 2014. We are an AMI accredited, non-profit school serving 245 students from toddler through Junior High and are currently celebrating our 50th anniversary.
The Elementary Level Director (ELD) will be responsible for ensuring that a high quality AMI program is implemented in two Lower and two Upper Elementary classes and will work closely with the leadership team (two other Level Directors and the Head of School) to further the school’s mission and vision.
The ELD will provide mentorship and supervision of teachers, assistants and support staff, including oversight of Montessori methodology, curriculum, reporting and parent communications. This position includes partnering with the Admissions and Advancement Directors and representing the Elementary program as needed throughout the year, in addition to other duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
• an AMI Elementary Credential and at least 5 years of teaching experience
• a deep understanding and passion for the Montessori approach
• experience in private school administration
• strong managerial, interpersonal and organizational skills
• an ability to work with both new and veteran teachers in a collaborative and forward thinking manner
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates should provide a letter of interest outlining suitability for the position, a resume and three references to Fran Corcoran at email@example.com.
Phone: 415-924-5388 x102