Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Middle School Teacher
Butler Montessori, located on a 22-acre campus, seeks an enthusiastic middle school teacher with a deep knowledge of, and passion for, teaching science for the 2014-15 school year.
The ideal candidate will have experience integrating science curriculum with environmental stewardship and gardening, as well as teaching some mathematics. NAMTA Orientation to Adolescent Studies preferred. Willing to sponsor training for excellent candidate.
• Continued creative teaching of a 7th and 8th grade core science curriculum based on a two year cycle
• Our curriculum also integrates gardening, care of chickens, and environmental stewardship
• Maintaining a micro-economy
• Supporting the students’ CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) which is also available to the Butler community throughout the summer months
• Collaborating with the program coordinator to integrate curriculum as well as plan two to three class trips per year (approximately 12 days/ nights away)