Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Head of School
The Board of Trustees seeks a committed and passionate head of school to lead a community of 240 students, 35 teaching faculty and 11 staff into its next phase.
The Montessori School, located on two campuses in Fairfield County, CT, is a not-for profit school for children between the ages of fourteen months through eighth grade. The Montessori School’s families come from more than 25 area towns in greater Fairfield and Westchester Counties. The Montessori School community looks forward to celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2014.
• Experience with or commitment to Montessori education, ideally in an AMI school
• An exemplary educational leader who can maintain the culture of the School while promoting and expecting academic excellence
• An experienced manager who listens well, empowers others, delegates effectively, and ensures that the School implements and maintains the systems and policies necessary to support the joyful work that happens in the classrooms
• Collaborative leader and team builder who can inspire faculty and parents, handle conflict and unite the School’s constituencies
• A persuasive and articulate advocate for the School to current families, prospective families and in the greater community
• An engaged and responsive communicator within the current school community
• An understanding of the major issues facing Early, Elementary and Middle School education and relevant experience to promote growth in the Elementary and Middle School programs
Please send a cover letter expressing interest, a resume, a statement of educational philosophy, and five references to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.